Laverda OR600 Atlas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Laverda OR600 Atlas

International Laverda Atlas Owners Registry

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

problems with electric circuit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
willem

problems with electric circuit Empty
PostSubject: problems with electric circuit   problems with electric circuit EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:54 pm

Hello!
After a long time started up my atlas, did some maintenance and fixed my broken airbox and replaced the airintake hose(?).The engine runs ok. But now te following problem.........no lights.....no traffik indicators.....checked everything........but when I turn on the light the engine stops.....so somekind of electrical breakdown....

Did someone had the same problems?

Please let me know how to fix it!!!

Greetz

Willem
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: problems with electric circuit   problems with electric circuit EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 5:14 pm

I guess it all worked OK before you stopped using it?

If it was OK before and not now after a long time just standing I'd be inclined to check the earth connections to the frame. These can become corroded over time.

On my Mk 2 model the main earth seemed to be located under the top frame tube at the junction with the tubes running down to the swinging arm. The loom (earth) is bolted to the frame here by a 10mm bolt. Try undoing this and cleaning the connections and frame with emery paper to remove any rust or discolouration on the connectors.

Nick :-)
Back to top Go down
willem

PostSubject: Re: problems with electric circuit   problems with electric circuit EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 6:25 pm

Well thanks Nick,
That's a quick answer today!I'll try to locate and clean it!I hope that's the problem...............

Willem
Back to top Go down
FRRRanky

FRRRanky

PostSubject: Re: problems with electric circuit   problems with electric circuit EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 12:57 am

willem wrote:
Well thanks Nick,
That's a quick answer today!I'll try to locate and clean it!I hope that's the problem...............

Willem

This seems to be rather a short circuit in the electric light cables or switches or maybe a wrong contact between light and engine kill switch. With a voltmeter, it'll be not so difficult to find the origin.

Franky
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: problems with electric circuit   problems with electric circuit Empty

Back to top Go down

problems with electric circuit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Laverda OR600 Atlas :: All About Atlas :: Technics-
Jump to: