Laverda OR600 Atlas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Laverda OR600 Atlas

International Laverda Atlas Owners Registry

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rear suspension

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kiwi

kiwi

Rear suspension Empty
PostSubject: Rear suspension   Rear suspension EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 4:57 pm

Hi, Hallo
is there a Atlas-Driver who changed his rear suspension?
If yes, witch type and model?

Hat jemand an seiner Atlas das hintere Federbein ausgetauscht?
Wenn ja, welche Marke und Typ?

thanks for information
Danke für die Infos
Bruno
Back to top Go down
FRRRanky

FRRRanky

Rear suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear suspension   Rear suspension EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 2:44 pm

kiwi wrote:
Hi, Hallo
is there a Atlas-Driver who changed his rear suspension?
If yes, witch type and model?

Hat jemand an seiner Atlas das hintere Federbein ausgetauscht?
Wenn ja, welche Marke und Typ?

thanks for information
Danke für die Infos
Bruno

Hi Bruno,
we actually do a research for special model from White Power which was fitted to at least 3 Atlas (Stefan Huber...).
If there is some news, we will post it here.

Franky
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Rear suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear suspension   Rear suspension EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 5:26 pm

Hi,

I think Frank sent out an email but just in case you haven't got it I have just got a new rear shock from Hagon Products here in the UK.

They used my Mk 2 Atlas as a pattern for the shock so it should fit both Mk 1 and Mk 2's. Mine is red but if you ask for a blue version I'm sure they will be able to do this.

The shock has preload and damping adjustment - no catalogue number yet but it is available.

Hagon Products
7 Roebuck Road, Hainault Industrial Estate
Hainault, Essex IG6 3JH
Telephone: +44 (0)208 502 6222
Fax: +44 (0)208 502 6274
E-Mail: sales@hagon-shocks.co.uk

Cost in the UK is 275 GBP - Hagon have worldwide distribution so contact your local outlet.
Back to top Go down
kiwi

kiwi

Rear suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear suspension   Rear suspension EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 7:16 pm

Hi Nick,

thank you for the information about the rear shock,
the price seems to be very good.

I'm interested in one, but for my short legs the rear shock should be 2 or 3 cm shorter.
What do you think, would this be possible?

Bruno
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Rear suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear suspension   Rear suspension EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 1:40 pm

Hi Bruno,

I phoned Hagon on your behalf and they can reduce the length of the shock by 3 cm. This will take them 5 days to do and the bad news is that it will increase the cost by 50GBP due to the extra machining work.

They are going to email me the serial number of the shock next week and I will post it on the forum once I have it. Once you have the number just go to your local Hagon distributor and put in your order.

Nick :-)
Back to top Go down
kiwi

kiwi

Rear suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear suspension   Rear suspension EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 6:27 pm

Thank you Nick,

a great information.
Have you got Pictures of you Rear Suspension?

Sorry about my english

Bruno
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Rear suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear suspension   Rear suspension EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 6:43 pm

Hi,

I put a couple of photo's in my personal album - they aren't that good but to get better shots I'll have to take the shock off. I plan to do this in two weeks time so if you can wait I'll put the Hagon shock alongside the original so you can compare.

You can see the spring preload adjustment ring in the first picture - the normal procedure with a 'c' spanner.

The second picture is not so good due to poor light but you can see a round opening at the foot of the shcok which is where you insert an allen key (hex) to adjust the rebound damping.

Hope this helps - made me remember if you get a shock ask Hagon to colour match it for your Mk 1.

Back to top Go down
kiwi

kiwi

Rear suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear suspension   Rear suspension EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 6:32 pm

Hi Nick,

I think I will order a Hagon shock, as soon I've seen your Pictures.
But the shorter one, I really need this 3cm.

The Color is not very importand for me, black would be beautiful!

Please send me the the serial number as soon you get it.

Thanks Bruno
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Rear suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear suspension   Rear suspension EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 5:51 pm

Hi Bruno,

I have posted a picture of the Hagon shock alongside the orginal in my albums. I also got an update from Hagon in which they tell me:

"The part number for the standard shock to fit the Laverda Atlas is = M65090 and they cost =£ 295.00 delivered UK mainland.=You asked if we can do a reduced seat height shock (-30mm) , yes we can =- this becomes a special build and is priced at =£ 345.00 delivered UK = mainland. Offshore UK and other parts of the world incur other carriage = charges.=The remote pre-load adjuster is =£ 125.00."

I asked about the 20GBP price increase and they said it was the first increase in 2 years etc, etc. I haven't bothered with the remote pre-load adjuster as it comes supplied with a hex key and adjustment will still be possible in situ + once setup how often do you need to change the setting?

Any further questions or requests for pictures let me know as the rear end is all in pieces at the moment.

Back to top Go down
kiwi

kiwi

Rear suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear suspension   Rear suspension EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 6:48 pm

Hi Nick,

thank you very mutch fot your answer and all the pictures.

The Atlas has 200mm deflection at the rear. Can you tell me how long the rear suspension from eye to eye is!
Will they just shortening the pump rod? Then I have to have the measurement from the eye to the plunger.
So I can calculate the reduction of this 30 mm.

Bruno
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Rear suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear suspension   Rear suspension EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 5:33 pm

Hi Bruno,

Unfortunately I got the email after I put the bike back together again...Anyway I gave Hagon a call and discussed what you wanted and got a very helpful reply:

The Hagon shock may be slightly different in length because they take the original setup and build a shock to provide the correct setup. It would not surprise Hagon if there was a slight difference in length between their shock and the Marzo because their shock works differently (it is better) and also it wouldn't surprise them if the original shock was the wrong length as standard (ever wonder why some bikes handle badly from new)!

The Hagon shock therefore is set to provide the same seat height as the original with a 15st (210 Ibs or 95.34 kgs)rider on board.

When you order the shock you must state the SEAT HEIGHT you require in relation to the original - in your case I think you said you want a reduction of 3 cms. Hagon will achieve this by altering both the length of the damping rod but also the internals of the shock. The reduction however IS NOT achieved by just taking 3 cm off the damping rod - infact it is more likely to be just a few mm's (it's all to do with trigonometry).

The other thing to remember is your weight. The standard weight is 15st (remember to include your riding gear in this figure) but if you weigh significantly different to this and are going to always ride around with a passenger or heavy luggage again you should advise them of this.

Hope this gives you all you need to know - if not I can contact Hagon again for you.

PS Hagon commented that making the SEAT HEIGHT lower is easier than higher as often increasing the seat height leads to problems with the chain run and the swinging arm (obvious when it's pointed out hey).
Back to top Go down
kiwi

kiwi

Rear suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear suspension   Rear suspension EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 6:35 pm

Hi Nick,

absolutly great your answer. Thanks a lot.

At the moment I try to find out the original seat height. The specs on our Forum tell it is 820mm (for shure it is incorrect), in the German magazin it's 860mm and in the Italien magazin it's 890mm!

Who knows which measuring is correct?

The best for me would be round 800-820mm. I lowered the front suspension already 30mm and lowered the saddle as much as possible.
Still I reach the ground only with my big toe:-)

15st will be too much, including my Bikegear my weight is just 70 Kgs (154 lb). I always travel alone with very little luggage.

Best

Bruno
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Rear suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear suspension   Rear suspension EmptyFri Feb 05, 2010 6:59 pm

Hi Bruno,

The important thing is for you to tell Hagon how much lower than standard you want the seat height. Hagon have used my bike as representing a standard height bike (which is it) so they won't be able to work with figures like 800mm they want to know how much lower than standard you want it.

You will have to decide HOW MUCH LOWER THAN STANDARD you want the bike to be - you are going to have to make your best guess because as you point out you can lower both the front and rear end. Of course changing the length of the front forks will not only lower the bike but also alter the geometry (I understand for instance the smaller front wheel fitted on one Atlas makes the steering a lot quicker). It seems therefore that by lowering the bike you are going to change the steering of the bike in some way.

If you want me to take measurements from my bike this weekend I can?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rear suspension Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear suspension   Rear suspension Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear suspension
Page 1 of 1